Water Damage Restoration
Water damage restoration is the process of bringing your property back to a state of safe usability after you have experienced an emergency water intrusion.
Water damage is one of the most common and potentially destructive problems you can face as a homeowner. Water intrustions from a ruptured hot water heater to sudden burst pipes and flooding if not taken care of immediately, wet materials in your home will lead to the growth of mold (a known health hazard). It can also promote potential electrical hazards and dry-rot, and cause expensive and extensive damage to your home’s structure and furnishings.
Water damage happens for a variety of reasons, including:
- Plumbing leaks
- Burst or broken pipes & hoses
- A clogged toilet
- Sewer backups
- Leaking AC units
- A leaking roof
- Foundation cracks
- Flooding after heavy rain
When you discover water damage in your home or office, it is important that you take immediate steps to mitigate and remediate the situation in order to prevent additional problems. Some homeowners don’t realize that the situation requires urgent attention, and they procrastinate the cleanup process leading to mold growth and bigger restoration bills later on.
Immediate steps to take include:
- Removing as much water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Remove wet area rugs or other floor coverings not permanently attached.
- Lift draperies from the floor, loop through a coat hanger and hang them on a drapery rod.
- Wipe furniture, prop up wet cushions to dry and place aluminum foil under furniture legs.
- Move photos, paintings and art objects to a safe, dry location.
- Open drawers, closets and cabinets to enhance drying.
- Contact West Coast Restoration & Cleaning
(NOTE: The above applies only to situations where the water came from a CLEAN SOURCE. Otherwise it is better to leave things in place so a professional restoration technician can determine what is salvageable).
West Coast Restoration & Cleaning has decades of experience in expert water damage and restoration. Our team can handle your water damage cleanup with precision and ease. We invite you to contact us right away when you discover water intrusions and let our experts provide you with an assessment and estimate.
When water damage occurs, our 24/7 remediation service is here to support you with excellence and ease.