Dealing with sewage backups is a horrendous experience for any homeowner. You have to contend with pungent, foul smells and handle dirty, murky water that carry bacteria and diseases such as Salmonella and Ecoli. Sewage cleanup is a job that requires experience and specific cleanup protocols. Hire our professional cleaners in Poway for sewage clean up services.
Common causes of sewage backups include:
- Clogged sewers and blocked lateral lines.
- Broken or leaking pipes.
- Flooding due to heavy downpours and tropical storms.
- Malfunctioning drain fields.
- Blocked toilets and septic tanks.
- Failing plumbing fixtures.
Sewage backups can cause great damage to your property. Moreover, exposure to murky black water and raw sewage can cause severe health problems from waterborne diseases. Standing water also causes mold growth, which causes severe respiratory illness. For these reasons, it is important to take immediate action to mitigate the problem. Call West Coast Restoration for professional sewage clean up services in Poway.
Urgent steps you can take include:
- Wear protective clothing such as gloves, face masks, and rubber boots, before handling raw sewage.
- Turn off running water and keep food, children, and pets away from the area.
- Remove uncontaminated items from the area.
- Ensure that all broken and leaking pipes are replaced.
- If the damage is caused by a public sewer system, contact the municipal or any relevant authority.
Sewage cleanup is a risky business that calls for our professional cleaners in Poway with vast experience in this sector.