Water damage is a common issue that homeowners encounter. It happens often without warning, and can cause tremendous damage. If not handled properly, water damage will lead to the proliferation of mold, which can become a serious health risk. For this reason, you need to ensure any water damage problem is dealt with promptly to prevent additional damage. Understanding the root cause of the problem will help you implement the right solutions.
Some of the factors that can contribute to water damage include:
- Leaks from burst or damaged pipes.
- Poorly installed or faulty plumbing systems.
- Blocked gutters due to debris.
- Faulty household appliances such as refrigerators, dishwashers and washing machines.
- Weather and natural disasters( e.g. hurricanes and flash floods) which cause water build-up.
- Aged or a poorly installed roof, which may leak during rainy seasons.
- Toilet overflows caused by blocked pipes.
If you are grappling with a water damage issue, you need to employ the services of a qualified professional to remove the excess water from your home. Simply mopping or wiping water up will not fix underlying issues (wet building and structural materials). We are available 24/7 to help you with your emergency!